http://gloucestershire-softeners.com/ (Website) is brought to you by DW Dunn Limited trading as Gloucestershire Softeners, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales under company number 04125102 whose registered office address is at Unit 3 Purlieus Barn, Ewen, Nr Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 6BY.
Why you should read this notice
We take the privacy of visitors to our Website, our clients and employees (you) very seriously.
Please read this privacy notice (Notice) carefully as it contains important information about how your personal data will be used.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and all other relevant legislation, DW Dunn Limited (trading as Gloucestershire Softeners) (‘we’ or ‘us’)is the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company who is responsible for and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
Information that you provide
Personal information about you (such as your name, email address and phone number) will be obtained when you contact us. For example, when you complete a website enquiry form, when you email us, when you phone us or when you visit us in store we may need to know your name and contact details in order to help you with your enquiry and/or purchase.
We may retain a record of any contact you make with us.
Personal Information about other individuals
If you provide us with information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
– give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her data;
– receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
– give consent to any transfer of his/her data;
Information from third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources, which will be added to the information already held about you in order for us to help supply our services and products to you.
Information that will be collected automatically when you visit our website
Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use the Website. For example, we may collect information on the type of mobile device that you are using and its unique device identifier (for example, the IMEI number, the device’s mobile phone number, or the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface), the type of mobile browser that you are using, the mobile operating system that you are using, mobile network information and the time zone setting.
How your personal data will be used
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
– to help identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
– customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
– marketing—see ‘Marketing’, below;
– fraud prevention and detection;
– billing and order fulfillment for purchases made;
– to notify you of any changes to the Website or to our services or products that may affect you;
– improving our services and products.
What is our lawful basis or ground for using your personal data?
Under laws that are designed to protect your personal data, we need to have what is called a lawful basis or ground each time we collect, use, share or otherwise process your personal data.
By reading and agreeing to this Privacy Notice, you are consenting to us processing your personal data as detailed within this Privacy Notice.
We may also need to process your personal data to comply with any legal obligations which may be applicable.
In most cases, our processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of our services to you.
Certain uses of your personal data, or other processing activities, may not be strictly necessary to perform our services to you, however, they may be necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party. They may also be in your interests.
When we say “legitimate interests”, we mean our (or a third party’s) interests in enabling us to provide our services to you as efficiently and securely as possible. For example, we may choose to use a third party to store your personal data; we may do this in part because our use of that service means that your personal data is more secure.
If you have provided your consent to receive news, special offers or promotions from us, we may contact you by Mail, Telephone or Email about Products, Services, Promotions, Special Offers and Charitable Cause that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
– other companies that become partners or part of a group with DW Dunn Limited;
– a third party who acquires DW Dunn Limited or acquires substantially all of its assets, in which case the personal data shall be one of the acquired assets;
– our agents, suppliers and service providers;
– law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by applicable law;
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example, we will store your personal data on secure servers;
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using our contact details at the bottom of this Notice.
Transfers of data out of the EEA
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your data is not transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where we use data servers that may transfer data out of the EEA we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
All information you provide to us is stored with secure data processors for the purposes of storing an accurate record of your data and for our own accounting purposes. A copy of your information is also stored securely on our internal systems where access is restricted.
Please note that we review all of our processors and ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data, such as adherence to binding corporate rules or compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, which is a mechanism that ensures compliance with EU data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States. You can learn more about Privacy Shield here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
What you can do to keep your information safe
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of QUALITY ASSURANCE, TRAINING, FRAUD PREVENTION AND COMPLIANCE.
– You have the right of access to your personal records or other information that we hold about you. There is no administrative charge for this service.
– You have the right to rectify any errors in the data we hold about you.
– You have the right to have the data we hold about you erased subject to us not having a justified legal reason to hold and process your information.
– If you wish us to continue to store your information but wish us to keep your data separate and not process it in any way, please let us know.
– You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You may also specify that you object to direct marketing by particular channels such as by email or telephone. If this is the case, please specify the channels you are objecting to in your communications with us.
– You have the right to data portability. If you wish to obtain your data for your own purposes across different services, we will provide this information to you in a CSV file. There is no administrative charge for this service.
To revise your consent, access, amend or remove your records or assert any of your rights set out above, you should send your request in writing to us at email@example.com
These rights may not apply in all situations or in relation to all types of processing.
You will need to provide proof of identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving license or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and specify the personal data you want access to, amended or removed.
How long we will store your data
We will store your data for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing. The data may be deleted in the following circumstances:
– You have withdrawn your consent to the data processing;
– The original purpose of processing the data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed anymore; or
– The data is no longer up to date or accurate.
We only offer services to individuals over the age of 18. In using our services, you confirm that you have read and consented to this Notice and verify that you are over the age of 18.
– recognise you whenever you visit the Website;
– obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
– carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve the Website content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests;
– make your online experience with our website more efficient and enjoyable.
Consent (notification on home page)
Third party cookies
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on the Website. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our Website. If you want further information, please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of cookies
The cookies that we utilise on our Website are placed to fulfill such functions as analysing how you use the Website and giving you a better more personalized experience.
Our Website uses the following cookies:
Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
Some of the cookies we utilise on our website include:
Cookie Name Cookie Description
_ga This cookie is used to distinguish users who visit the website.
Source: Google Inc.
_gid This cookie is used to distinguish users who visit the website.
Source: Google Inc.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of the Website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.orgor www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us or our Data Protection Officer, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org fill in the contact form available on the Website at https://qvl.36e.myftpupload.com/about-us/contact-us/, specifying that the communication is for the Data Protection Officer.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time. You should check this Notice frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you use the Website.
Data Protection Supervisory Authority
The Data Protection Supervisory Authority in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office. Should you have any complaints about the way we handle your data, you may direct them to the ICO. More information on the ICO can be found on their website here: https://ico.org.uk